GET INVOLVED. IMPACT YOUR CAREER AND THE STATE OF MEDICINE IN KENTUCKY.
- Influence lawmakers by joining the Policy & Advocacy Team or attending KMA Physicians’ Day at the Capitol or other legislator meet & greets. Legislators continue to tell us they appreciate hearing from physicians on health care policy issues.
- Support health care philanthropy by volunteering or donating to partners such as the GLMS Foundation, The Healing Place, Supplies Over Seas and Surgery on Sunday-Louisville.
- Keep your practice healthy by attending town halls and forums to stay abreast of current insurance and regulatory issues. Report insurance issues with the easy online hassle form. GLMS staff can also come to your practice to meet with you or your practice manager to provide assistance with a number of issues.
- Serve on a committee or a short-term task force. There are a number of possibilities from writing for the monthly magazine to tackling EMS and diversion issues.
- Enhance your leadership skills by attending periodic leadership seminars, or register through GLMS to attend Focus Louisville hosted by the Leadership Louisville Center.
- Keep up with GLMS on social media and read our monthly publications: Louisville Medicine and GLMS News. All members are welcome to submit articles, letters to the editor, or blogs (for reprint) to Louisville Medicine for publication.
- Socialize! Attend social events such as the President’s Celebration to enjoy time with other physicians and their spouses.
For more information on any of these opportunities, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.